Food and other eatables
- Traditional Malnad style unlimited buffet is served for all meals. Both veg and non-veg delicacies are provided for lunch and dinner.
- Coffee/Tea/Milk is served twice a day.
- If you require anything apart from the regular meals please inform us 4 hours prior to the time as we will have to travel at least 15 kms to arrange for the same.
- There are no restrictions on consumption of liquor and other beverages as long as things are under control and no damage is caused to the property and people. We believe that every team that comes to our place will understand and respect other team’s privacy.
Things to Carry
- Light clothes (that can dry up quickly), warm clothes, rain coats, sun glasses, hats and umbrellas.
- If you are coming on a rainy season then we would recommend you to come with strap sandals that are tough enough for trekking and other adventurous activities.
- Cameras to capture the true memories.
- Any routine medicine
- The route maps/guides and the contact details.
- Polythene bags to carry wet clothes (but please don’t litter).
- BSNL is the most reliable network in the Western Ghats. Kindly carry a SIM if available.
- Listen to the instructions provided by the trek leaders and coordinators.
- Nature has its own music and sounds. We recommend you to remain silent (at least not screaming) while trekking and enjoy this music.
- Kindly understand that rain, fog cover and other natural things are not under our control.
- With rain you will find some leeches. There is absolutely no reason to panic. A leech bite does not pain nor will it cause any allergies or septic. If they are found in abundance we will take adequate measures (by applying homemade medicines) for your safety.
- Do not carry valuable things during your trip unless they are really necessary.
- We do have basic medicines and first aid kit with us. Please ask for the same when required.
- Any fire related activities in and around the wooden cottages will be strictly prohibited.
- The main source of water in the Ghats is the rivers and streams that dot the region. During rainy season water becomes a little murky because of the fertile silt that is carried by the flowing water. We request you to adjust with this fact as there is not much that we can do about this. In ayurveda such water is used to cure many skin diseases as it is rich in minerals.
- We provide filtered drinking water (both hot and cold). Please let us know in advance if you require Packaged Mineral water for consumption.
- We have made necessary arrangements for power supply.However there might be power cuts sometimes due to uncontrollable situations.